A reader asked if I had any suggestions for changing the Jesuits. The purpose of this blog is to look for ideas. I'm not smart or holy enough, the Holy People of God however have the resources to come up with proposals.
At first glance the options seem to be:
1) The suppression of the Society, which B16 will not do.
2) An intervention by the Holy See naming key superiors.
3) A hostile takeover by young orthodox Jesuits.
4) The foundation of a reformed order
5) The foundation of reformed strict observance provinces.
It would seem however that any change will take effect only if the faithful apply pressure to: individual Jesuits, Jesuit superiors, Bishops, and the Vatican. Right now it seems like the elephant in the living room that everyone ignores.
What do the readers think?